14 March 2015

Weeping Angels + Pi Day


Now most of you probably will read this because you are fans of Doctor Who. I'm only going to say that while my son is an avid fan and I have watched a number of episodes, I borrowed the weeping angel for another reason.

Any of you who have read this blog before know that I've been dealing with my aging parents for a while now. They moved to my hometown with the hopes of being closer to my family, avoiding terrible winters up north, and enjoying their golden years in warm, sunny Florida. It's not been an easy transition for any of us, but we are all learning how to cope with new situations.

This week, after only one visit, my mom fired their Visiting Angel. If you are not familiar with the Visiting Angels, they are a group of caretakers who can help with anything from light cleaning and housework, to bathing, feeding, and running errands for people in need. My parents are still very healthy and somewhat active, but they definitely need a little help getting around. 

But after only one visit, they fired their angel. 

While this is a major disappointment to me, it's out of my hands. There's nothing I can do to change their minds. While I wish they were able to age gracefully and accept the help that people are offering, wishing doesn't make it so. 

WARNING: No Segue


Today is March 14, 2015 (3/14/15), otherwise known as Pi Day! 3.1415. Nerds around the world (myself included) will celebrate with pies of all shapes and sizes. So I will be cooking up some fantastic round treats later this evening.


Always look for a positive, even in a crazy, chaotic world where angels weep because they were fired...

Spread Your Wings!


No comments:

Post a Comment