28 March 2015

Spring Break 2015


We had an awesome Spring Break this year. It's not about what we did or didn't do or where we did or didn't go. The important part is that I was with my kids and enjoyed each other's company. We hung out, had fun, and just relaxed (which hasn't happened that much the last few months).


Being a single mom can take its toll on time. There's never enough time to do everything I want to do. Like all single parents with multiple children, I'm constantly juggling schedules between the two of them and trying my best to balance their wants with my ability to be in three places at once. The three of us have leaned that we all need to give and take, plan ahead, and be prepared for me to be late wherever I'm going because there's another sibling who needs me, too. This isn't a complaint: it's a reality.

We concentrate on making memories, not spending money or accumulating things. Things get discarded or broken and don't carry the meaning that sharing the afternoon watching a movie or baking cookies together does. Mainly we spend time together and that automatically creates memories.

Spread Your Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment