11 March 2015

Dory as Philosopher

I'd like to interject a bit of humor today. I frankly need a break from the day in, day out energy drain that can sometimes happen when one or both of my parents is experiencing a bad week. I can be positive for everyone and try to keep moving forward, but after a while everything starts to get to me.

So let's talk about Dory, the regal tang character from the movie Finding Nemo, today. She has become a sort philosopher to me. Although she suffers from terrible (and funny) memory loss, she still maintains a positive attitude. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming! By the way, I love that Dory has her own IMDB page and has also appeared in the Huffington Post. Her sense of humor (by accident or on purpose) gets her through life and keeps her out of trouble.

Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Marlin: No I don't wanna know. Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. Marlin: Dory, no singing. Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim. Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head. Dory: Sorry. 

Enjoy life one day at a time and just keep swimming! You're bound to feel better.

Spread Your Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment