16 March 2015

St. Patrick's Day Eve

Twas the night before St. Patrick's Day and all the through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The leprechauns were prepping their bright green hair,
In the hopes the pot of gold would soon be there...
The children were nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of shamrocks danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long Spring Break's nap,
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow, (only in Ohio)
Gave a lustre of midday to objects below,
When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a miniature leprechaun and a pint of green beer,
With a little old driver so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment he must be St. Patrick.

OK, you get the idea. Happy St. Patrick's Day Eve!


Spread Your Little Green Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment