13 February 2015

Irony on Friday the 13th

Today is Friday, February 13th...the day before Valentine's Day. So I did not miss the irony in the fact that I received a call a couple of weeks ago to play a wedding gig tomorrow. No, God has a funny sense of humor and today the joke is on me.  Going through a messy divorce is not the time to be playing a wedding. However, a little old lady friend of mine asked me to play for her grandson's wedding, so I couldn't turn her down. 

When the mother of the bride called, she gave me all the details and then said, "The wedding is on Valentine's Day. I hope you don't have plans." To which I replied, "I'm going through a very frustrating divorce right now. I haven't had Valentine's Day plans in 3 years!" So the gig is on.



Tonight I will be sitting through the wedding rehearsal...trying not to make snide comments...



Now Spread Your Wings and eat chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment