16 May 2010

Shout out to Jannah!

OK, so I have a lot of "lurkers" that I didn't know about. One is my friend Jannah, who will be parent at Atala. According to her Facebook post, she was just dying to hear what happened today, so I thought I'd send you all a note updating you all simultaneously.

Had a great parent-kid meeting today. We had three families and a total of three little girls all five and under. Needless to say it was lively, princess-filled, and very high pitched. :)  We had a great time with all kinds of fabulous food that was prepared with loving hands.

So we're up to about 25 families with roughly 40 kids who are ready to register with us. I've got a whole other group of maybes, and then a group I haven't made contact with, but I'm guessing they'll be interested. We're already at our original guesstimate of enrollment, and headed on our way to next year's goal. We'll have 1 preschool, 2 toddler, and it looks like separate lower and upper elementary classes. Next year we can expand to 2 preschools, 3 toddlers, and hopefully 7th grade in addition to upper elementary.

I'm working on establishing the Homestead Children's Choir and the Homestead Family Theater as part of the Atala Foundation. Got some great ideas and great people with whom to collaborate.

Did I tell you I complete our first grant as Atala? It's called Music and Montessori: A Women's History Month Celebration. It partners us with the Deering Estate Chamber Players. Could be a really cool March 2011.

Spread your wings!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and all of the information :)
    I have a feeling you will need those extra classrooms this school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we please get rid of the grasshopper?
    (still just kidding-kind of)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK you big chicken, I'm going to take back my personalized shout out to you if you can't get over this bizarre fear of grasshoppers you have! :)
    Just kidding, of course!

    You and Ana have been my greatest public relations people. I've had a bunch of folks mention your names when they call or email. It's been great. Keep up the fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I took that picture last summer up in Muse, Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a mini panic attack every time I see it..so you must know I am a truly dedicated follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate your strong commitment to the cause! :)

    ReplyDelete