03 May 2010

Big, big, big news!

Here's my fantastic laundry list of what happened today:

1. We've got our EIN (which means we can now employ people, including the five owners).
2. The Articles of Incorporation are complete. 
3. I'll meet with the bank tomorrow morning to finalize the bank account information and order checks.
4. I have the paperwork for us to become a member of the Homestead Main Street Committee. 5. Robert Barnes, our architect, is likely going to be the new President of the Main Street Committee. And he wants us all involved in a big way. He asked me what my vision was for the committee, and I said it was a symbiotic relationship. We know we are going to bring families to the downtown who can afford to spend money at bookstores, shops, etc. That's how we help Main Street. But at the same time, we are yet not tapped into the local businesses who can help us out by supporting our events and needs.
6. I told Robert and Yvonne about the Charles Dickens play (which I don't think I've mentioned here yet, but will soon), and she wants to incorporate that production into the lighting of the Christmas tree in downtown Homestead. People would go there first and then process down to the school for the play. So that will bring another couple hundred people who wouldn't think about going, just because it's tied to the lighting. Cool, huh?

And now for the really big, big, big news! I was able to get Paradise Way (the pedestrian walkway to the north of the school) to be renamed "Atala Interactive Children's Garden." 

Spread your wings!

3 comments:

  1. How Wonderful! Atala Interactive Children's Garden! A round of applause. Even better, champagne. This has the feel of destiny blowing through it. Major Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee!!! I haven't read in about a week or so, great job! Very proud of you! Your vision is very exciting and I am SO glad to be involved in whatever way I can be.
    You just confirm when you want to check out the furniture and I'll have it ready. Take care, keep on truckin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to help as much as I can, Kris we are going to rock this town girl, I can't wait the garden is awesome let me know what you will be needing for it so we at Paradise can help you out. YUPI!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete