18 April 2010

First parents' meeting

Today we hosted five sets of parents and their children to tell them about the plans for Atala Montessori School for Creative Expression. The meeting was fantastic! Everyone is so supportive. We are moving forward quickly, and I'm hoping in the next week or so to have the website up and running and the bank account set up to receive registrations fees. Tomorrow we meet with the accountant, and Tuesday we meet with Yvonne Knowles, who knows everyone in downtown Homestead.

Spread your wings!

2 comments:

  1. Kris- So proud of you!!! You are doing such a great job. Rob suggested maybe IF you wanted to, to come speak to the Rotary Club of Homestead to get the word out about the school. He said maybe over the Summer...just FYI. Let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You don't know how much it helps us all to keep moving forward knowing that we have fantastic parents and friends like you, Adrienne!

    And yes, yes, yes! This would be fantastic! Also, I need to pick your brains about who I need to know. I have a few people in the downtown Homestead crowd, but there are a lot groups I need to get involved with, and I know you are very connected.

    Yes, definitely to the Rotary Club--maybe late June once we can actually show some pictures of the renovations?

    Many, many thanks-
    K

    ReplyDelete