04 January 2013

Back in the Saddle Again

My New Year's Resolution is to start writing here everyday. Not sure what will come out or how long I will be able to keep it up, but I'll my best.

This fall was literally a blur. School started and it seemed like I didn't sit down and catch a breath until New Year's Day—and even then my family hosted 150+ people at our 9th Annual Burns-Leider Pig Roast.

Best news for the school is that Atala is now accredited! We received our APPLE accreditation in the fall and are applying for a second accreditation this spring. We are now able to offer Step-Up scholarships and help a wider group of students and we also off McKay scholarships. We are gearing up to be able to offer VPK awards to our current family, but there are no plans to use this as a recruiting tool. We'd like to help out our current parents as much as we can.

We have nearly doubled our student population in two years. We need to raise our capacity again, which is an awesome thing. We will end this school year with at least 80 students!

We are currently on Winter Break and will return to school on Monday. Not much else to say today or I won't have anything to say tomorrow.  :)

Spread Your Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment