21 June 2010

Summer has Begun!

It's just Monday, but already a lot has happened. We have internet as of tomorrow! I can't tell you how crippling that has been for me. For the past 20 years I have been connected basically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So to not have internet from 9 am to 6 pm every week day has about killed me. But fortunately, tomorrow, my troubles are all over. Thank you SkyeNet!

We have the last wall of the office plastered and will have the final tile flooring finished tomorrow morning. So we should be able to paint tomorrow or Wednesday for sure. Yeah! Now we can finally start to put together the office.

My throne: OK, I really don't have an ego. But when we were going through all the materials in our spaces (and we had floor to ceiling of "material") we had to make a lot of decisions of whether or not it was "art" or "junk." One of the many treasures we found was an old throne that had to have been put together for some theatrical production over the years and just tossed in a room for storage. Well I had to fight Cheryl Morgan for it ( ;) ), but I finally won and will have the throne as my desk chair in the office this week. Woo hoo!

Other things--Cheryl took care of the window treatments in our bathroom (the pretty white curtains she got work a lot better than the newspaper we were using!). I've also got curtains going up in the office. We should have that whole space ready to go this week.

We'll move forward quickly on the playground and the rooms in the next week to two weeks. And we have parents dropping by almost daily, which is awesome!

Spread your wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment