29 June 2010

School's Out for Summer

OK, I was running short on titles today. We've been working like crazy at Atala, and we're making great progress every day. However, as someone who has worked through every summer for the past three summers, I can tell you that the highlight of my summer so far is the weekly free movies at our local Flagship Cinemas. Every week for two hours, I get watch last year's movies with my kids, their friends, and about 200 other folks. I know, it sounds miserable to some people, but we have fun yelling at the screen (along with everyone else) and just being together. I haven't been able to spend much summer time with Colby and the kids at all the last few years. This summer has been awesome since I am not strapped to a desk pushing papers all day. I think it's taken the last month to decompress, but the transition has been pretty easy, especially when I think that FIU is beginning their 10 hour workday schedule. That's 10 hours of work Monday through Thursday with Fridays off for good behavior. It's a killer schedule for anyone. But if you are someone with children, you leave before they're awake and get home right as they are going to sleep. I don't wish that on anyone, and I am very grateful to not have that kind of schedule again this year.

More updates in the next few days--our paperwork is currently at DERM. Hopefully we'll be on to DCF and the Health Department by the end of the week. I am crossing my fingers that the construction can start as early as next week. Sitting back and waiting for people to respond is not really my strong suit.

Spread your wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment