17 June 2012

Return to Academia...

Well, after taking that big jump two years ago, I am returning to academia. Yes, you read correctly. For the next two weeks I have been hired by the University of Miami as a visiting adjunct prof to assist with a class traveling to the Galapagos Islands! What a gig! We are leaving tomorrow afternoon out of Miami flying to Quito, Ecuador for two nights and then off to the Galapagos Islands.

I will be trying to connect with local schools in the hopes of developing an exchange program with Atala. Who knows if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

I will use this blog as a daily diary while I'm away. So please return (and often) to see what we're up to. We will be focusing on acoustic documentation of the trip, while two other professors will be concentrating on written documentation of our surroundings. You may wish to visit http://www.themiamiplanet.org/ to see what the entire group is doing on any given day.

I'll definitely be spreading my wings these next two weeks to see what this beautiful worlds holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment